2018 annual enrollment period starts today!
New for 2018:
- Carriers offering discounts
- Carriers offering lower rates for standardized hospital groups and networks
- CASH BACK offers in the form of increase in your social security check
- Added perks
- Added incentives and more…..
Do you want to make changes to your Medicare coverage? Today starts the Annual Election Period for the 2018 calendar year. Call 1-800-633-4427 (Open late with extended hours for AEP)
The AEP runs from October 15 to December 7 each year. If you didn’t sign up for one of these plans when you first became eligible for Medicare (during your Initial Enrollment Period), the AEP is generally your chance to make these changes, unless you qualify for a Special Election Period (SEP).
Some of these time periods are different depending on the type of Medicare plan. For Medicare Advantage (also known as Medicare Part C) and Medicare prescription drug plans, there’s an Annual Election Period (AEP) when you can sign up for, change, or disenroll from the plan.
Toll-Free Helpline 1-800-MEDIGAP
Professionals trained to answer your Medicare advantage questions during AEP as well as your MEDIGAP questions year around including prescription drugs, long-term care, short-term care and life insurance. Medigap Agents go through rigorous training, must be licensed by your state’s department of insurance and appointed by the insurance carrier you enroll with. This process is very lengthy and not every carrier takes every agent, so make sure you work with an organization large enough to provide you with all the options available in the marketplace.
Top 10 Changes for Medicare Annual Election Period (Oct. 15 – Dec. 7) for a January 1st effective date include:
- Change from Original Medicare (Part A & Part B) to Medicare Advantage (Part C)
In order for your customer to transition from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage, they simply enroll in the Medicare Advantage Plan they have chosen.
- Change from a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) to Medicare Advantage (Part C)
After enrolling in the Medicare Advantage Plan, your customer will need to contact their current insurance company to cancel their Medigap policy.
- Relocation Change: You have moved and you need to change plans
- Change from Medicare Advantage (Part C) to Original Medicare (Part A & Part B)
Your customer will contact Medicare or their current plan to disenroll. When disenrolled, they automatically have Original Medicare (Part A and Part B).
- Change Carriers to save money
- Change from Medicare Advantage (Part C) to a Medicare Supplement (Medigap)
To switch, your customer must buy a Medigap policy then disenroll from the Medicare Advantage Plan.
If it is your customer’s first time to join a MA plan, they can return to Original Medicare within 12 months of joining if they decide they don’t like the plan.
It is illegal to sell your customer a Medigap policy while they have a Medicare Advantage Plan unless they want to switch back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan (Plan C) to another Medicare Advantage Plan
Once enrolled in the new plan, they will automatically be disenrolled from their current plan when the new plan’s coverage begins.
- Join, switch, or drop a Prescription Drug Plan (Part D)
If your customer has Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t include prescription drug coverage, they can join a Prescription Drug Plan.
To switch, they simply join the new plan. Their current plan will automatically disenroll them when the new plan’s coverage begins.
In order for them to drop their Prescription Drug Plan without enrolling in a new plan, they will need to notify the plan by submitting a disenrollment notice.
- Carrier Drops Out Of Market: You are with a provider that will no longer offer a plan benefit in the 2018 calander year
- Medicare Supplement Plan Switch Over: You have decided you want to go with a medicare supplement Plan for 2018
Toll-Free Helpline 1-800-MEDIGAP
Medicare Advantage and PDP Annual
Election Period (AEP) is here!
Call us now to find a Medicare
plan that may best fit your needs.
Speak with a licensed insurance agent
1-844-843-6733 TTY 711
Mon – Fri, 8am-9pm
Sat – Sun, 9am-6pm ET