It has been discovered, according to the business magazine, that the degree of efficiency and profitability of a company is directly proportional to its working environment and more, of its workers. This was discovered and started in Athens in Greece. Perhaps your company should try room escape games for corporate team building enhance employee wellness and workplace mental clarity.
You would learn a lot more from an individual playing with them for 1 hour than you would learn while talking to them for a whole year (Plato 427BC).
Best Room Escape Games for Corporate Team Building Enhance Employee Wellness and Workplace Mental Clarity
Individuals that play, and work together, often translate these communication skills into the business world. According to the psychiatry association of America, it was discovered that we function at our best when are happy. When we are pleased, our body releases hormones such as serotonin and dopamine. These hormones make you feel lively and active. An active worker is an efficient worker.
Due to demanding tasks and expectation from various corporate events, it has been discovered that workers productivity decreases due to fatigue, boredom or lack of unity and trust between worker staffs of an industry. This bond and fun working environment built through various escape artist room game and cooperate activities. Our mental strength is needed to work efficiently in our day to day work activity. Perhaps your company should try room escape games for corporate team building enhance employee wellness and workplace mental clarity.
When we are mentally fatigued, tired, or weak, our body releases a stress hormone called cortisol, which leads to various emotionally imbalanced behaviors such as aggressiveness, dizziness, boredom, and irritability. These practices are bad for team building, bonding, and productivity.
How Do Room Escape Games Help With Corporate Team Building?
Escape game is very beneficial for the mental and production capacity of a company. It is widely used in countries like Greece because of its cooperate events. Some of the benefits of room escape games includes:
- Increased morale and self-confidence: Due to the hectic day-to-day tasks we need to perform in various corporate circumstances, most workers and employees suffer from burn out syndrome. It is has been discovered through researc that the higher the morale of the staff and workers of an industry, the more effective they are in the company. When our mood improves, it gives us a surge of energy that helps us to perform even tricky tasks efficiently. The best way to ensure that your employees are not burnt out is to make them enjoy what they do and create a happy working environment through various escape artist room games.
- Increased productivity: The productivity of a company heavily RELIES ON ITS WORKERS, OWNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, AND MODE OF OPERATIONS. HOWEVER, THE WORKERS AND STAFF OF THE COMPANY FALL INTO A MAJORITY OF THE Production process and groups. Escape artist room game increases the productivity of the company by boosting the confidence and self-esteem of workers by creating a fun working environment for the staff and workers of a company. Once in a while, we all feel like just an extra number in a company, primarily when we are not occupying a prominent position in the business. This feeling could reduce the productivity output of a worker or staff. However, companies progress with the help of their employees. Escape artist room game helps to make everyone feel important, which increases the productivity output of each worker.
- Increased communication and relationship: Company environments often gives room for only professional interaction with no interpersonal relationships among its workers and staff. However, it is the interpersonal relationships that lead to trust, which is a vital component for a company to succeed. Escape artist room game forces workers and staff of an organization to work together as a team to create inter-personal relationships in order to solve the puzzles and escape the game room. This increased communication and relationship created by escape artist room games can translate into increased productivity, bonding, trust, and profits for the organization.
- Increased verbal and non-verbal communication skills: Escape artist room game helps staff and workers of an organization to learn how to have both verbal and nonverbal communication with each other. One of the lessons learned in the game room is team effort and the need to work as a compact unit. Mastering these skills can become a vital tool in the day to day tasks and transactions of the company, increasing the productivity of the company.
- Discovery of hidden skills and talents: Escape room helps the workers of an organization to discover the inner qualities, skills, and abilities. It has been found that most company employees are underutilized, and do not know where they belong in a company. For example, some individuals are impulsive, problem solvers, talented analysts, or good listeners. These skills might not be discovered in the day to day activities of the company, but they are needed for the success of any production company. Escape artist room games help people to discover and channel those hidden skills, qualities or talents. These discovered skills and abilities can be directed into various corporate events and day to day company task and functions. These discovered talents can increase the profits and work outputs of the company. It helps the employees to define their roles in the company through the various games in the escape room. Escape room games allow individuals to develop skills such as strategic planning, leadership, communication, creativity, teamwork, and optimism.
- Inter-departmental integration and communication: The escape room games help to create relationships among workers and staff of different departments. Most organizations are designed in a way that you only directly interact with co-workers in the same division. The escape room provides a means of inter-departmental communication among staff and workers of an organization.
ESCAPE ROOM GAMES PROVIDES AN AVENUE WHERE WORKERS AND STAFF THAT WOULD NORMALLY NOT COMMUNICATE IN OFFICE TO KNOW EACH OTHER BETTER. These new relationships formed among staffs and workers would translate to excellent communication skills during various cooperate events and business functions. Try room escape games for corporate team building enhance employee wellness and workplace mental clarity.
- Team building: Escape room games help in building a team and not a bunch of workers that perform different functions or roles in a company. The escape room contains various puzzles and games that require the unity of the individuals involved to solve. In other to escape the room, they need to work as a team. The team spirit and unity built in the escape room can translate into a non-formidable team building attributes for the staffs and workers of an organization. This room escape games allows the workers to be creative, and communicate with each other throughout their stay in the room. It enables them to enjoy the intrigue and good feeling that comes with small wins. If they can celebrate small victories achieved together when they escaped the game room, they can celebrate small successes such as concluding a projecting, meeting deadlines, or reaching set goals. This harmony built in the game room is necessary for team building of any organization that aspires to be successful.
- Cheap and easy: The escape room game is economical to assemble and requires no specialized technical know-how. This makes it a better and more fun room games when compared to other traditional room games. It helps staff and workers to acquire specialized skills such as leadership, communication, unity, and time-management skills. If they can manage 1 hour and do something productive with it, then they can manage and do something productive with a work schedule of 9 am-5 pm.
Can Escape Room Games Boost Employee Workplace Mental Clarity?
According to a booster break research program done in the United States on workers of an organization, it was discovered that sedentary lifestyle could lead to various hazardous medical conditions such as cardiovascular( heart attack and heart failure), endocrinological(Prediabetes and diabetes) and neurological diseases.
However, the escape room games help to promote an active lifestyle and discourage sedentary lifestyles.
The criteria for being part of the booster research protocol are:
- English fluency,
- age (18-70 years),
- Full-time employment,
- Medically cleared to perform physical activities
- working in any of these 5 organizations ( law firm, hospitals, educational centers, health centers, or court reporting or recording organizations)
- Different positions were represented such as medical scientist, clerks, educational consultants, and telephone receptionist.
- All the groups were represented .small (<5o people). Medium (51-200 people0 and large (>200 people)
The booster break research reveals that escape room games have lots of benefits om mental clarity. Some of the benefits include:
- Stress reduction and increased fun: The types of hormones released by our body depends on mood, the degree of happiness, and level of physical activity. When we are overstressed, our body releases a stress hormone called cortisol. When we are happy, our body release happy hormones such as dopamine and serotonin. The escape artist room game engages workers and staffs in a fun-filled physical activity that helps in stress reduction and cortisol reduced reduction. Our brain and every other part of our body under functions during prolonged stress, which increases the risk of individuals developing various medical conditions. Do you want to live long and healthy? Are you too busy to register in the gym or have frequent exercise? Escape artist room games are the solution to this dilemma. It helps to reduced stress accumulated \at work and has fun. It is an opportunity to have fun and do some cognitive task outside of the working environment, gaining 2 things at the same time ( skills acquisition and fun). Have fun and learn some skills with an escape room game.
- Increased health awareness and love for physical activity: There is no better medicine for mental clarity than consistent exercise, a good diet, and a proper exercise routine. The escape room program helps workers and staffs to become aware of their health and the need for consistent physical activity. The good feeling they have after the escape room routine helps them to become aware of their health and the importance of living an active lifestyle. This newly discovered health awareness encourages them to live an active lifestyle which increases their mood clarity, helping them to perform efficiently in their workplace.
- Enhanced social interaction skills: Good social skills are needed for the boosting of the mental capacity of individuals. Workers and staffs that participate in the escape room games can benefit from increased mental clarity. Try room escape games for corporate team building enhance employee wellness and workplace mental clarity.
Team Games and Cooperate Team Building Exercises to Enhance Employee Wellness and Happiness at Their Workplace
There are different escape artist room games to improve the mental state of employees
These games include:
- Game of possibilities
- Winners or losers
- Purpose mingle
- Human knot
- Scavenger hunt
- Perfect square
- Mine field
- Egg drop
- Barter puzzle
How Can Team Building Activities Promote Employee Health?
Promotes health by reducing stress. Team building activities can promote the employee’s health by reducing stress and risk for various medical conditions and diseases. Most of the cardiovascular conditions are linked to stress, obesity, and sedentary lifestyles. Escape artist room games can help promote the employees’ health by reducing stress. Try room escape games for corporate team building enhance employee wellness and workplace mental clarity.
How to Improve Mental Clarity and Focus in the Workplace
Lifestyle, exercise, rest, diet, games. Focus can be improved in the workplace by consistent active lifestyle, exercise routine, proper rest, good diets and escape room games.
5 Escape Room Tips for Successful Corporate Team Building
- Team effort is the key: To survive an escape room game, the emphasis should be laid on unity and working together. It is not a fight you can we alone. The aim of the game is unity.
- Communication: it is vital to communicate with your team members about what you saw, your ideas, analysis and possible solution to the puzzle or problems. This helps you to develop excellent communication skills with people.
- Speed and accuracy: In an escape room game, you are working against time, so your solution should be precise and fast, that is why you have a bunch of teams to work with
- Creativity: Escape room games consist of different types of puzzles and games that need the collective creativity of the team to solve. When everyone contributes and integrates their idea into a functioning unit .everything becomes easier.
- Have fun: Don’t make the escape room game another business conference, tasks or proposal. Always remember that you are there to reduce stress and not add to it, have fun while learning.
Working for a fixed, regular time shift could be tedious, mental tasking and can lead to burn out. Having fun once a while though the escape artist rooms games can help turn your individually talented employee’s into a formidable and cohesive team and unit. Try room escape games for corporate team building enhance employee wellness and workplace mental clarity for your next company event.
Actiondays.co.uk. (2017). Off Limits Corporate Events | Team Building Activities. [online] Available at: https://www.actiondays.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw3_HOBRDa7NbDqdudqMEBEiQAvLBbohU2FHF_gWowxPwf5QCn5kj9uXVNRMqbh-Lhb2CqtCMaAuX78P8HAQ [Accessed 10 Oct. 2017].
Great Escape. (2017). Team building – activities – Athens | Great Escape Rooms. [online] Available at: https://greatescape.gr/en/team-building/ [Accessed 10 Oct. 2017].
Groupon. (2017). Become an Escape Room Champion. [online] Available at: https://www.groupon.com/articles/escape-room-tips [Accessed 10 Oct. 2017].
Groupon. (2017). Become an Escape Room Champion. [online] Available at: https://www.groupon.com/articles/escape-room-tips [Accessed 10 Oct. 2017].
Wrike.com. (2017). 12 Awesome Team Building Games Your Team Won’t Hate. [online] Available at: https://www.wrike.com/blog/team-building-games/ [Accessed 10 Oct. 2017].